Museu dos Biscaínhos
The Biscainhos Museum, is integrated in the Biscainhos Palace, once a house of the nobility with origins in the 19th century. It is located very close to the Arco da Porta Nova and the Cathedral of Braga, this is a must for any visitor to the city.
The Biscainhos Palace was built in 1712 by the architect and master mason Manuel Fernandes da Silva, on commission from Deão Francisco Pereira da Silva, with the intent for it to be his home. The stately home was later extended by Counts of Bertiandos.
In 1963, the 3rd Visconde de Paço de Nespereira, the last owner of the building and also a member of the Bertiandos family, died and donated the entire complex to the city of Braga. In 1978, the building gave way to the Biscainhos musuem allowing all visitors to have access to wide halls, luxurious ceilings and baroque gardens.
Address:Rua dos Biscaínhos 4700-415 Braga
Telephone:+351 253 204 650
Fax:+351 253 204 658